During today’s panel discussion examining medicine shortages, experts said an overhaul of procurement and pricing systems is needed to overcome weaknesses in the global supply chain and avoid acute shortages affecting patients in the future.
Panel experts included:
- Thyra de Jongh, lead author of an EU study on medicine shortages
- Dermot Twomey, President of the Irish Pharmacy Union
- Claudio Zurzica, international medicine data expert
- Sandra Gannon, CEO Azure Pharmaceuticals
- The event was chaired by former HSE Director General, Tony O’Brien
Full recording of panel discussion below